Sunday, June 1, 2008

It's Not Loud

I was talking to Ashton last Sunday about the bright, orange color of her bedroom walls. I told her that we would probably repaint the walls when she left for college because I wanted to tone them down. She was a little upset and said she loved her walls and loved that they were bright. I said they were too loud. Easton was hearing the conversation and he said, Ashton's room is not loud, you can't hear it." I told him the color of the paint was loud and he still explained that her room wasn't loud. Ashton and I got a chuckle out of that comment. He was so serious. It took me a while to explain what a loud color was. Not sure he really understood the concept.

4 comments:

  1. I love it!! Isn't life sometimes just too precious???

    ReplyDelete
  2. another message----maybe you could wait until she came home for summer vacation, and then she will probably want to do it herself. After all it is still her room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I concur with Grandma... i'd be bent if someone jacked my room while I was away.....

    Easton cracks me up. Exactly,,, how do you explain a loud color to a 7 year old...

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you everyone! i appreciate the support.... heads will be crakin if that room gets changed while i'm gone.

    -ashton

    ReplyDelete