Sunday, April 6, 2014

Great Weekend

It was a spiritual feast this weekend as we were blessed to listen to the LDS General Conference.  There were so many amazing talks and I look forward to reading them in the future issue of the Ensign.  For the first time in Carroll family tradition the Boys' Club (Priesthood Session of Conference) took place at home!  I know that's just crazy but Stephen and Easton decided they would watch it from the comfort of  home since it was being broadcast.   Stephen says he got more out of it this way because there were less distractions.  The Priesthood session was taped and they were able to stop it and have a few discussions.  It has been my tradition to go out to dinner with my daughter during priesthood but, unfortunately she doesn't live here.  I headed out and left the Boys' Club on their own and had a wonderful dinner and shopping outing with my friend, Michelle Baumgart.  We needed a good catch-up since I don't see her very often. 

As is tradition around here we always have a warm batch of cinnamon rolls come out of the oven during the Sunday morning session of conference.  There was a very impatient group around here waiting for their cinnamon rolls this morning.  I have to say they were superb, just the right amount of warm, gooey sweet rolls with a smooth cream cheese frosting.  Add a cold glass of milk to that and it just doesn't get much better.  We had a lot a cinnamon rolls left since there are only three of us at home now so we took some to a family that Stephen Home Teaches.





No comments:

Post a Comment