Sunday, August 24, 2014

Oh So Yucky!

Right below this little paragraph you will find a horrifyingly gross picture.  I'm giving you advance notice that it's going to seriously creep you out and make you shudder and feel a little squeamish.  I'm warning you....if you can't handle seeing slimy creatures of the long, skinny, slithering version that go ssssssss then do not scroll down any further.  Just X out of the blog and simply move on!
















Well, there you have it!  I warned you that this picture was going to be downright nasty and I was right, wasn't I?  This is what I found the other day when I sauntered through my garden in pursuit of some juicy, ripe tomatoes for dinner.  Ugh....so YUCKY!!!  I was totally freaked out.  I had walked past it and kind of caught a glimpse of it through the corner of my eye and just stopped dead in my tracks.  Slowly I turned to look at it, hoping so desperately that it wouldn't move and try to eat me! After the initial shock of standing right next to a very long snake I was able to assess that it was dead, very dead!  It had gotten caught in the netting I had placed around the tomato plants a couple days earlier to keep out the critters eating my veggies and had it had died.  I went inside feeling a little grossed out and pleaded with Stephen to get the dead snake out of the garden.  I'm usually pretty good about dealing with bugs and other creepy things but this snake just really got to me.  I wanted it gone and I didn't want to be the one getting it gone.  When I went to the church to drop Easton off for Young Men's Stephen had the neighbor boy, Justin help him remove the snake.  They measured it and took pictures so we could look online and see what kind of snake we had.  We thought the pointed shaped head indicated that it might be poisonous.  We identified it as a Rat Snake...a very harmless snake that eats all the small rodents that have been eating my garden.  May you R.I.P. rat snake and may your siblings, Mom, Dad, Aunts, Uncles, and cousins stay far away from my garden.

The Rat snake measured 57 inches long!

No comments:

Post a Comment