Saturday, July 6, 2013

Orphaned No More

Way back in March I bought this yummy hot pink skirt.  I was so excited to get it because it was a straight skirt that was long enough for my taste and I just really liked it.  It grabbed me, spoke to me and said,  "You have to have it."  Well, last week was the first Sunday I wore it.  It had become an "orphan" in my closet for months, a piece of clothing that had nothing to go with it.  As hard as I tried, I just couldn't pull an outfit together that wasn't blah or lack luster.  I was always on the hunt for the perfect blouse to compliment the skirt whenever I went shopping.  It was really a challenge to find a fun top that was the right color or complimented the unique texture of the skirt.  Last week I was still trying to make it work when I had an "ah-ha" moment.  My mind started thinking about the possibility of getting a bold piece of jewelry to wear with a white blouse that would match the intense color of the skirt.  Then it hit me....I had a hot pink beaded necklace that my Mother wore in college! She wore it with a hot pink dress that my Dad particularly liked when they were dating.  This necklace had some history behind it!  I scrambled to find it and was amazed when the strand of beads matched the orphan perfectly.  It was just the accessory needed to pull the outfit together.  While I wore it to church I wondered if my Mother was as excited to wear her necklace with her pink dress as I was to wear it with my pink skirt.  Thanks for sharing, Mom!

1 comment:

  1. well, isn't that a cute story. Glad you could pull that one off. And remember,, when in doubt,, a nice crisp white blouse will go with anything! you look cute as usual!

    ReplyDelete