Monday, November 24, 2014

Homecoming Celebration


It was a celebration last Sunday.  As a family we celebrated Dallin's return from his mission and welcomed him home.  He spoke in church and gave a great homecoming talk.  The spirit was felt and I for one was touched by Dallin's message.  I am so grateful for his willingness to serve the Lord for two years and the sacrifice he made to help others come to Christ.  Ashton and Dallin sang an amazing duet right after his talk and they did awesome!  And I'm not just saying that because I'm their mother.  It really was incredible and I couldn't be prouder of those two kids of mine!
Easton with his cousins, Blaise and Kolby

 In the evening most of the extended Carroll crew gathered at our house for a chili dinner.  We usually have the chili dinner in October but things just got a little too crazy for me to pull it off so I just had a combined chili/homecoming dinner.  It was fun to just gather as a family and spend time talking, laughing and eating that good ol' traditional chili.  I'm grateful to have such a supportive family.

 This really is the best picture I got of Dallin at the dinner....I've got to do better!  But hey, at least I got a picture!
 Michael, Ashton, and Brian
 Jeni and Monica
 Gene and Sandra (Mama and Papa)
 Thomasyn and Rheya


 Mama serving up some chili
 Collin and Spencer
 Talk to the spoon!
 Cute little Ashton
 Stephen and his Momma
 Spencer, Collin, and Brent
Chowing down on cornbread and chili!  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment