Sunday, May 31, 2015

A Little Rain

 During Primary today thunder was rumbling quite loudly and really making the children nervous.  We sang our little hearts out today during singing time and I kept them pretty focused as the thunder boomed and the lights occasionally flickered.  During the closing prayer the child saying it asked for us to be safe during the storm.  It was a big deal.  When I prepared to go outside people were standing at the doors and no one was leaving.  It was raining so hard that you could barely see anything outside.  It was POURING!  Most people didn't have umbrellas with them because it was sunny and perfect weather when we came to church.  A lot can change in three hours.  I did however have my umbrella and prepared to head out into the craziness.  I removed my high hills so I could be prepared to run to the car.  I was so glad I did because as I hurried through the parking lot I felt myself wading through a foot of swiftly moving water.  I was wearing a maxi skirt and by the time I made it to the car it was wet at least a foot above the hem.  I sat in the car for a minute was a made it and then ventured out of the parking lot.  I think I was the only one leaving church!  The streets all the way home were covered with rivers and huge lakes.  I have never seen so much water appear in such a little amount of time.  It was still pouring as I headed down the street into our neighborhood.  I stopped quickly as I realized the road was blocked with the stream that had overflowed and it didn't seem like a wise decision to pass through it at the time.  I sat on the side of the road for about twenty minutes until the rain slowed down to a pitter pat.  After seeing a few cars venture through the river I got brave and slowly went through it.  It was crazy!
This is the view of the creek that runs through our front yard.  It's usually just a slow moving tiny trickle.  I've never seen it this wide....ever!  It was crazy!  The rain stopped as quickly as it came and left a mess.  Just a little Sunday afternoon adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment