Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Mother's Day

Okay, so this post is a little late but I still wanted to document Mother's Day in the blog. It's always a fun day to be honored and loved. My children and Stephen did a great job making me feel special with their help with dinner and the special cards they created. I have kept all of their Mother's Day treasures in a scrapbook and we bring it out every year to see the cute drawings and special wishes that have been shared with me over the years. We laugh and laugh.


Easton made me some fabulous notecards in school. He designed and colored them himself. I can tell that he spent a lot of time and did his best work to make these cards special.

I'm laughing so hard at the present that Ashton gave me. For years she has really been bothered that I shop at the same stores she does. Often times we actually own the same clothing items. She used to tell me that I couldn't shop at her stores. Her gift to me was some very cute hot pink sandals, the same exact ones that she has! I thought it was so funny that she actually gave me the same thing that she owns. Thanks Ashton
A yummy dinner. I picked everything out this year and bought it at the grocery store. I was trying to keep the stress level down. Salad, kabobs, homemade rolls, rice, and grapes.My adorable children make me happy to be a Mother. What a blessing to have them in my life.

4 comments:

  1. What a fun celebration! I noticed that the Carroll family LOVES BLUE! Very color-coordinated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say the same thing... was it wear blue to church day that day?

    or do you just like to coordinate pictures in your blogs?

    Anyways, wouldn't you have died if our mom had shopped at Gap or Express growing up... hee hee Cute sandals and I'm glad Ashton is now accepting your 'cool factor' as a mom... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day for you Sheila! It is always nice to know our families do appreciate us as moms.

    ReplyDelete