Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pumpkin Muffins

Thought I'd share a new favorite recipe of my family. The boys tried these pumpkin muffins and could not get enough of them. They make a ton--like 40+ muffins. We ate some for dinner and then I froze the rest in ziplocks. I would put them in their lunches. The boys ate them for snacks straight out the freezer--zap 'em in the microwave for 21 seconds and you have a perfectly warmed muffin with ooey gooey chocolate chips!

Combine:
2 2/3 C sugar
2/3 C oil
1 can pumpkin (15 oz)
2/3 C water
4 eggs

Add:
3 1/3 C whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves (I don't use)
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 C chocolate chips

Bake 350, 20-25 minutes. Fill 2/3 full.

1 comment:

  1. well isn't that fun, so how did you figure out 21 seconds,,,why not 22? ha ha

    Cute plate too! of course it's a pumpkin.. you need to send your fall house pictures into a magazine or something for the world's most pumpkins ever in a house. I'll have to try those muffins soon! maybe with mom and dad here.. thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete