Monday, November 25, 2013

Hidden Strength

A couple of posts ago I talked about what Dallin carries around in his backpack.  Today I was doing some basement cleaning and I came upon Landon's old high school backpack that had never been cleaned out when he graduated.  Books, papers, pencils and highlighters, old candy wrappers, headphones, cable cords, notebooks, gloves and a pair of socks were among the things I found in his crusty, old backpack.  My favorite item that I discovered was a wrinkled and worn For the Strength of Youth booklet from our church.  It's a guide for our youth (and their parents) on living the commandments of God.  It's filled with recommendations on how to live these commandments and ways to avoid taking a trip off the straight and narrow path.  Kudos to my son for carrying this strength-giving information with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment