Sunday, February 23, 2014

Lunch Date

 Monday was Landon's last day in Suwanee as a normal citizen of the community before heading out as a missionary the following day.  He slept in as usual until around 11:30 when I finally woke him up.  It was our last day together and by golly, I wanted to have some fun with him!  I told him to hurry and get ready and we would go out to lunch somewhere.  I love having lunch with my sons, love the one on one.  Landon picked The Sugar Hill diner for our restaurant.  I had been there a couple of times with friends, but Landon had not.  He likes to try new places and we critic the food.  The food here was total comfort, fattening food starting with the warm loaf of Artisan bread and the delightful balsamic dipping oil. I ordered the fish and chips.....don't even ask me why I chose that.  I never, ever pick fish and chips, totally deep fried and greasy but it was good.  I guess knowing that Landon was leaving the next day made me need some comfort food!  It was tasty, but I couldn't eat very much.  Landon picked a sliced roast beef on toast kind of entree.  Guess he was needing a little comfort food too!  His lunch serving could have served our whole family and he did his best to eat as much as he could.  What a meal!  I'm always grateful for these rare moments and time spent with my children.  They grow up so fast and I really do cherish the time I am blessed to share with them.


1 comment: