Sunday, June 8, 2014

Empty Nesters Catch Some Golf

The weather was absolutely perfect and Stephen had no appointments and Easton was at Scout camp.  Sounds like a perfect day for golf!  I went with Stephen last week to watch him play golf and we had a grand time.  It wasn't too hot, the sun was shining and it was just a wonderful day on the gold course.  We didn't have a worry in the world.  Not children to get home to and no appointments to worry about.  Stephen played exceptionally well, I guess I am his good luck charm!  After our little excursion we headed off to eat dinner at our favorite Mexican place, Monterrey and then off to the movie, Spiderman.  Quite the full day of fun, but you can do that when you have no children at home!  I felt like we were back in college again dating and just spending time together.
I took my Nook with me and got caught up on my reading while Stephen did his thing.  I did drive the cart some and Stephen made me hit some balls too.  He is convinced that I could actually become a good golfer and be his golfing buddy even though my first hit sent the ball straight into the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment