Monday, June 16, 2014

It's Daddy's Day

It's nice to have a special day set aside to honor our Dad's.  We love them everyday but's it's nice to really let them know we love them on this day.  I wasn't able to see my Dad who lives in Utah and that's always hard but I did talk with him on the phone and that's the best we can do when I live 2000 miles away.  I am so blessed to have my Dad in my life.  He always made me feel special and loved.

We went to church and heard some great talks about the priesthood and priesthood keys.  The first talk was given by our wonderful, confident Easton!  This was his first talk in Sacrament meeting and he did awesome!  He was so confident and presented his message very well.  Definitely proud of him.  The Primary children sang a an adorable Father's Day song and I accompanied them on the piano.  There were so many children standing between the piano and the chorister that I couldn't see her and we both struggled getting started!  I would start and then nobody would come in.....oh well.  We will fix that problem for next year.  It's important to be able to see the chorister!
Stephen picked steak with baked potatoes and asparagus for his honorary dinner with some ice cream and raspberries drizzled with chocolate sauce for dessert.  It was just the three of us for dinner.  
 
Easton's homemade card was cute!
 We paid a visit to Stephen's Dad and just sat talking with him for a while and brought him a little present.
 Three generations of great men!

No comments:

Post a Comment