Monday, September 22, 2014

Time Out


 I took a little time out this weekend. A time out from family, housekeeping, cooking and my motherly responsibilities.  I went to "Time Out for Women" which is a Deseret Book sponsored conference with speakers and music that is inspiring, rejuvenating and uplifting.  I went with my sisters in law, Jeni and Monica and had a grand time.  We laughed and laughed and laughed and enjoyed the weekend that revolved around just US!  The speakers were great and I loved the music of Hilary Weeks.  I have always loved her rich sounding alto voice and listening to her songs that I have on CD.  Her Christmas CD that I have is one of my favorites.

The theme for the conference was Inevitable Light. The speakers helped us focus on the gifts we have been given that are uniquely ours and to recognize that we have been given our gifts for a reason.  We need to use our gifts and become the tools to shine "Inevitable Light" to the world.  I loved the theme and loved the little reminders that will help me improve myself in my journey of life. 
 For the Saturday session we ended up sitting on the front row.  Weird.  Monica is a real go getter and found the seats for us.  We were in the same row with all of the presenters and there were reserved signs on all the seats except the last three on the end....I guess they were saved just for us!
 This is Brad Wilcox....kind of a famous LDS dude.  He has been a speaker at firesides, EFY, and has written many articles and books.  He was really great and ladies were taking pictures with him like he was a rock-star.  We sat this close to him!  You can touch me if you want.....because I sat so close to a famous person.  He even reached over and shook Jeni's hand.  We were star-struck!

No comments:

Post a Comment