Sunday, March 23, 2008

A beautiful Easter day








We had a beautiful Easter. The children were all spiffy with their new spring clothes to celebrate this wonderful day. The boys colored eggs in the morning. Church was great with special talks and choir presentation. I did a 10 minute teaching moment in YW. Each member in presidency talked about a miracle that Jesus performed. Then we wrapped it up at the end with the atonement. Pretty good, I must say.
After church we had a fabulous dinner with my friend, Amy and her children joining us. Ham, turkey, fluffy potatoes, glazed carrots, homemade rolls, deviled eggs and the best strawberries of the season were served. Lemon ribbon ice cream was dessert. After dinner the children participated in a challenging egg hunt. The ultimate prize was the large golden egg that contained an "unknown" amount of money. With a lot of time and perseverance, Landon finally found it. The kids had a great time even though it was really quite cold!

2 comments:

  1. Your family pictures are so cute!! You guys are such an old family, compared to ours I guess. I love deviled eggs, I'm going to make some tomorrow. We did not dye eggs this year... but we did have baskets in the morning. Next year will be way better with holidays I'm assuming, the kids will be more into it. Way to go on posting so soon. You're gonna love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family looks so cute as always. Dallin is getting very tall. I am so impressed with your blog.

    ReplyDelete