Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Homework

Last night's homework for the evening was a little stressful. Easton was to write a paragraph for his spelling words--the topic was "Something you would wish for..." Well, as an adult things were just rolling through my brain. World peace, better economy, and a little closer to home--selling of the hoouse, Stephen's back getting all better, being together as a family and a little extra money can never hurt. Landon thought more money would be great or to wish for everything because then you just could have everything. For Easton this topic was just too much. He couldn't think of anything he wanted. We kept giving him ideas that we thought he would grab on to. Nothing. He was so frustrated and visibly upset. After an hour of stewing he finally settled on the topic of "not moving to Alabama". He just wanted to stay in Georgia. His supporting sentences included because I have lived here my whole life, because I know everybody, and because I have a good school. I had my eyes opened last night. Easton seems pretty content with life. He doesn't want. He is just happy with the way things are and that's good. Are we happy and content? What do you wish for?

4 comments:

  1. Those questions are always hard,, by the way, Easton is looking way different.. it's been 7 months since i've seen him... his teeth have grown or something..

    I have a million things I want,,,, but really Bren and I are content, we have a nice little place, food on our plates, a job, insurance, and each other. We are content.

    But I wish for a home, which will soon be a reality in about 4 months,, weird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intresting to think about...for the most part I am content and love my life but there are a few things I wish for a lot, my kids to grow up happy, healthy, and with a strong testimony. Also I wouldn't mind a new house and more income.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is pretty good, I have all my needs taken care of, of course there is always wants. I like the others want what is best for my children. That they grow up healthy, happy and strong in the gospel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! I wish for more patience with my sweet Tuscanee and Mike. This is something that I struggle with every day. Some days are worse than others.

    ReplyDelete