Saturday, March 30, 2013

Fallen Tree

 
I woke up early last Saturday morning, ate my breakfast, and put on my gym clothes.  The garage door went up as I prepared to head out and this was the scene I found.  Ugh!   We had lost the beautiful pine tree that gave us privacy from seeing our neighbors airconditioning units.  I was detirmined to get to the gym so I laid down some boards on the wet grass and manuvered may way through the small tunnel created by the leaning tree.
 
 
After arriving home I grabbed my handy dandy saw, the only pathetic sawing tool we own and decided to get after it.
I cut each limb off that I could reach and place them in a nice, neat pile for the boys to haul off later when they finally rolled out of bed.
 This pile was placed stratecially by the basketball hoop so the boys would be "motivated" to move the pile.
 After the limbs were removed I took the top off in junks and stacked them neatly too.
Then the big cut, this huge cut is what released the tree from leaning on the other tree that was holding it up.  CRASH!!! 

That was the end of my work on the project.  My arm was sore from sawing and I was done.  I left the rest for the boys to work on later.  A week later that trunk is still sitting there, although it was moved to the side so it was easier to get down the driveway.  The sun is shining this beautiful Saturday morning and I have a very good feeling that the trunk will be moved today!
 

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing! I would have called the boys or a tree service. Sheila is always to the rescue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. geez, you are nuts, even after the gym. Go Sheila go!

    ReplyDelete