Thursday, March 28, 2013

Lost Phone

 
Stephen and I spent the day together at the mall on the hunt for a new suit for Stephen to wear to Ashton's wedding. He tried on so many different styles that were hanging on various racks throughout the men's department at Macy's. At one time I noticed that Stephen had placed his farely new phone on a ledge next to a rack of sale items while he was trying on a blazer. I said that he was going to lose his phone if he was not careful and counseled him to keep it in his pocket. It ended up being a very successful shopping day...Stephen got his wedding suit, we got a wedding suit for Landon, we purchased pair of dress shoes for Stephen and Landon, found a couple of teal-colored ties for Stephen and Landon, and we bought a teal bow tie and some dress shoes for Easton. Phew! Our hands were full as Stephen was paying for his suit. Since we had taken separate cars and met at the mall, I headed out so I could rush home for a piano lesson while Stephen finished his transaction.
 
The garage door was just going up for me when my cell phone rang.  "Sheila, Do you have my cell phone by any chance," Stephen asked on the other end?  "Uh, no, " I replied.  He informed me that his phone was gone and he couldn't find it anywhere in Macy's, the last place we had shopped.  I panicked since it was a brand new phone and knew it was a very important tool Stephen uses for work, his life is in that phone!  I rushed in the house and asked Landon if he could access the phone with a phone locator AP.  He quickly got on it and started downloading the AP and also proceeded to download important information from Stephen's phone; contacts, emails and his calendar. In the meantime, I started calling Stephen's phone with the hope that the idiot who had it would answer. 

"Hello?"
"Hi, who's this?" I said in my most intense interrogation voice.
"Danny."
"Whose phone do you have?"
"What?"
"Danny, you are using my husband's phone right now.  Where can I meet you to pick up his phone?
"Ma'am, you're crazy!"
"You are using my husband's phone that is being tracked right now.  How can I get the phone back?"
"Ma'am, you're crazy."
"Oh...well, I'm going to hang up and call you back and then we'll see who's crazy.

I proceeded to call the phone back and it went straight to Stephen's answering machine.  Landon had everything saved and had it downloaded and was now trying to track the phone with the new tracking program.  He didn't want me to call the phone again because he didn't want the guy to turn off the phone. The tracking wouldn't work if it was off.  We waited and waited.  The house phone rang.  "I found it," I hear on the other end.  Yes, Stephen had found his phone.  You're not even going to believe where he found it.  Remember when I mentioned telling Stephen to put his phone in his pocket?  Well, he did put it in a pocket....in the pocket of the blazer he was trying on!  He had been calling his phone and all the sales clerks said they thought they could hear ringing.  Then a man yelled that he could heard a phone ringing inside a jacket.  So there you have it....I guess I am crazy!  I hope Danny had a good laugh at my expense!
 
Later I went back to my call history to verify that I had dialed Stephen's phone number theorizing that maybe Danny had stashed the phone in the suit jacket after I scared him with my intense, mean-girl voice.  Oops, I had dialed a wrong number.

2 comments:

  1. I burst out laughing with this story!
    You were probably using your "teacher" voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ma'am,, you seriously are crazy! HAHAHAHA,, that's a good one Sheila. Oh brother...

    ReplyDelete