Monday, December 16, 2013

Camping

Can I just say how much I appreciate Scout leaders?  They take a rowdy group of boys on an overnight event, leaving their families and the comforts of home.  As a mother I appreciate the effort they put forth to make these campouts fun, exciting and educational at the same time.  Easton went on a campout this past weekend to Ruby Falls, Georgia in the rain, I might add, and had a great time.  They woke up to rain and wet tents.  I love the bits of information from Easton about the weekend.  I don't get much when I ask him about it.  He complained that he had to go to the bathroom in the rain.  He didn't like the scrambled eggs because they didn't have any flavor.  We usually add sour cream to our eggs and by golly, they didn't do that on the campout!  They did go on a caving adventure that kept them out of the rain for the most part that was pretty cool.  It was fun and definitely an adventure for Easton.  He was super grateful for his hot shower when he got home and his nice cozy sweats that he spent the evening in just relaxing!

1 comment:

  1. Don't ever make me so anything with scouts,, please,,,,,

    ReplyDelete