Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Advent



Do you see anything wrong with these pictures?  I think we have a little lack of Christmas excitement going on around here.  It's December 17 and it would appear that somebody forgot to update the advent calendars.  I guess we have finally hit the time in our household where we are just a little too old for advent calendars and the Christmas countdowns.  Sad, but true.  I remember the days well when the little ones would wait patiently for their turn to pick something out of the calendar pocket.  With four children it had to be spread out to be fair.  Easton has all the calendars to himself this year, he doesn't even have to share.  He gets to pick out of the pocket everyday but it's just not happening.  Here's my theory....when you're too old and cool to keep up the Christmas countdown calendar then you're probably too old for Santa to come visit.  Grateful for the advent calendar memories over the years but I suppose I have one less thing to take out of the decoration box next Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Good thing Landon is coming tomorrow to bring he Christmas spirit!

    ReplyDelete