Sunday, December 1, 2013

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving is always a day full of pondering and thinking of things we are grateful for.  I am always thankful that I don't have to do the dinner for the masses at my home.  Stephen's brother's graciously share their homes with us and we always have a great time.  This year we were hosted by Michael and Jeni in their beautiful, new home.  They literally moved in the week of Thanksgiving and still hadn't even slept in their home.  They had tables and chairs set up for the meal and some couches and chairs to sit on.  There were 41 of us this year...I know that sounds like a lot but we were seriously down in numbers this year.  I think our high one year was 54.  Ha!  The dinner was awesome with the basic favorites that we all know and love.  I brought my cranberry sauce and rolls, orange and regular.  I made two batches of regular and two batches of orange rolls so we would be sure to have enough.  I took home about a dozen of the regular rolls and 1 lonely orange roll.  When I walked into Michael and Jeni's house holding my rolls I was greeted with cheers!  "Yea!  The rolls are here!"  I didn't do my traditional craft this year, I just wasn't feeling it.  A few people asked why I didn't do a craft this year so I guess I will have to up my game, be more organized and do it for next year.  It was kind of a strange year for our little family because we just had Easton with us.  With Dallin in Brazil, Landon in Rexburg, and Ashton and Brandon in Provo we are just kind of spread all over the place.  My children were missed but I know this is all part of my little "empty nest" syndrome.  I'm grateful that they are all doing amazing things in their lives right now and I really wouldn't want it any other way.  As I think of what I am most grateful for, it is without a doubt my family!  I just love them and appreciate them so much.  I'm a blessed girl!
I took a lot of pictures of our Thanksgiving feast.  The food is arriving in the kitchen and it's almost time to eat.
The ladies are making their last-minute touches.
The masses are getting hungry and are ready to EAT!!!
Jeni gives directions on where we should sit and how to get through the food line.
Papa gives his traditional words of wisdom before we say prayer.
Everyone listens intently to the Papa's wise message on gratitude.
Dig in and fill up your plates!!!
Easton and Blaise check out the food choices.
My two good-looking guys, Easton and Stephen
The adult table

The "cool" teen-ager table!
Gene and Sandra/Mama and Papa
This is a picture of Michael and Jeni's backyard.  The kids had a ball playing football and running around.
I'm not sure why there was a roll of hay in the backyard but it was sure fun to play king of the mountain on.  Easton kind of won!
Stephen watches football with his nephew Zach.
Jeni and Shelby
Dessert time!
The obligatory picture of myself so you know that I was at Thanksgiving dinner!
Another successful Thanksgiving under our belts....who gets to host it next year???  Not I!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment