Monday, August 25, 2008

Tender Moment

As I was tucking Easton into bed tonight he was showing some concern about his sister, Ashton who is flying out to Utah tomorrow to go to college. He said, "When I get up I have to say goodbye to Ashton. And then I won't even see her for four years!" I explained that she would be home for Christmas and it would only be 4 months that he wouldn't see her. That's when he started thinking...."Will she be home for Thanksgiving? Will she be home for Easter, he asked? I think he felt a little better and was able to comprehend the 4 month separation. It brought a little tear to my eye. He also wanted to make sure that Ashton would say goodbye to him in the morning before he left for school since she would head to the airport while he was at school. I'm not sure how this will affect him. He has been so excited for her to leave because he would get the whole side of the dinner table to himself!

The next morning.........Easton hugged and said goodbye to Ashton before going to the bus stop. Because it was pooring rain we sat in the car at the end of the driveway waiting for the bus to come. Easton was a little sad and reflective. He quietly said, "I'm actually going to miss Ashton."

4 comments:

  1. We hope Ashton has a great time at BYU. It was very sweet of Easton to start missing her before she was gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when you and Keith left too. And when Keith went on his mission.. I was just a little punk you know. That was fun though to get letters from you guys and especially BYU stickers and pencils and such. Make sure that Ashton sends Easton letters in the mail and have Easton send her some too. Hope everything went well. Call ya soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sincere expression of his feelings! I hope Ashton survives the change in her life, and Easton survives the "loss" in his life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does that mean Ashton is here in Utah right now? Is she staying with Grandma and Grandpa Homer for a few days or going straight to BYU? Some of us will be going to the BYU game on Saturday I guess we will have to pay her a visit.

    ReplyDelete