Monday, September 16, 2013

Mystery Solved

See this shiny dime sitting on the ledge outside Landon's bedroom window?  His windows do not open and it's on the second level of our home.  I know you're all wondering, "Well how did it get there?"  I wondered the same thing too when I looked out Landon's window while helping him pack last week.  I asked, "How did that dime get on the ledge out there?"  Landon cracked a sly smile and answered, "Dallin."  So, the story was told of how Dallin was locked out of the house late at night after coming home from his teen age activities one evening.  He didn't want to ring the doorbell and wake up the parents.  He grabbed all of the loose change hanging around in his car and started pelting Landon's window with the silver and copper coins in hopes that Landon would wake up and save him from having to ring the doorbell.  Thankfully for Dallin it worked.  Landon woke up wondering what the heck was hitting his window.  He looked down and there on the porch was his desperate older brother sending out a plea to open the front door.  I just love those stories that slowly come out after the fact.  What other secrets do Landon and Dallin have....only time will tell.

2 comments:

  1. hmmmmm... flame throwers? or whatever they are called!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha I remember this one! Dallin couldn't get me to wake up that night. I fell asleep too early. I just died laughing!

    ReplyDelete