Monday, May 19, 2014

Puerto Vallarta

Stephen and I took a wonderful "no children" trip to Puerto Vallarta Mexico last week and had an absolutely wonderful time together!  It was like we were just dating and having a grand time together.  Stephen won this trip from Allstate for having such a great year in 2013.  He works so hard and definitely deserved this "prize"!  We took tons of photos so brace yourselves!  I will try to post these in logical sequence and who knows....you may not even want to see all these beautiful shots cuz you all might just be a little jealous of this beautiful little retreat from reality that we enjoyed.  The picture you see above is taken from our hotel balcony of the resort and beach view that we had.  What a lovely sight to wake up to every morning!  The ocean view is absolutely stunning because we are in a bay with a mountain range backdrop.  It's quite unusual I think because you don't usually see mountains and ocean all at the same time.  

We grabbed a flight at 9am Saturday morning and flew to Houston and had a short layover, then onto another plane to Mexico!  My bag in Georgia got pulled at security and I had to give them my shampoo/conditioner, toothpaste, mousse, sunscreen, and hairspray.  I seriously don't know what I was thinking when I packed all that stuff in my carry on bag.  I actually thought it was a great idea....then if my luggage got lost I would have all my getting ready stuff.  Well, that didn't work out so well.  We were on a huge plane from Houston to Mexico, but a super little one from Atlanta...two seats on one side and one seat on the other, so small.  Kind of freaked me out.  Both flights were OK, but had a little bumpiness on both.  I just cried a little on the first one when it got really bumpy but otherwise I did great.  When we went through customs they pulled us aside and went through all our luggage.  What the heck?  I don't want people scrounging through my stuff!  Weird.
 Stephen sitting in our hotel room
 Another view from the balcony looking the other direction
 The view directly across from us
The hotel has a big, beautiful pool, fountains, palm trees, beautiful statues, and amazingly manicured paths to the beach front.



 And here I am!  I was there!

No comments:

Post a Comment