Monday, July 14, 2014

4th of July in New york

The fourth of July in Delmar, New York gave us a nice cool morning.  Gretchen and I decided we would go on a little bike ride around town, stopping at the little market to get a yummy egg sandwich.  I had already had one already this week and certainly welcomed the chance to eat another one!

We cruised all over town.  I loved the little old homes.  I kept commenting to Gretchen how well manicured and clean the yards were at all the houses we past.  They really live in a nice area.  People work hard in their yards and I loved seeing all of the flowers, paths, rock walls, and cleverly laid out yards.  And so many vegetable gardens!!!!!  Must be the cool thing to do.


Gretchen took us to a yummy little roadside ice cream shop later in the afternoon on our way to watch fireworks in Albany.  They have these little shops in seriously random places that are open during the summer months only that offer homemade ice cream with the most amazingly unique flavors.  I don't usually eat a whole bowl of ice cream....I'm kind of a three or four bite kind of girl.  But these ice cream was so creamy and delicious that I had to eat the whole thing.  It was a yummy treat!





After gobbling our ice cream we headed to the thriving metropolis of Albany to find our own little spot to watch the fireworks.  It was a little crazy, I have to admit.  The people that come out of the woodwork to watch fireworks are just a little wacko.  I had to keep reminding myself that these are all Heavenly Father's children!  Notice the rooftop party on the top of the parking garage?  We got invited to that from some random man walking up the street...He said, "I have an extra ticket to the parking lot party if you want to go."  Uh, No.  We actually accidentally went up to high on the stairs in the parking garage and ended up at the top where the party was going on.....SO NOT our thing!  Ugh!  We quickly shut the door and went back downstairs.


We walked all the way to the top of the long hill to reach the spot where the little pre-fireworks festival was going on.  Lots of interesting people and Gretchen and I decided that we would go back down the hill to find a more secluded spot to enjoy the fireworks show.



This is the view from our private, exclusive fireworks viewing spot.  It was quiet and we were able to just talk while we waited for the show to begin.







No comments:

Post a Comment