Monday, July 21, 2014

Games and More Games

"When the family gets together after evening work is done,
Then we learn to know each other popping corn and having fun.
Then our father tells a story, Mother leads us in a song,
And it seems that nothing in this world could possibly go wrong."

I remember singing this song in Primary and just loving the scene that would play out in my mind of a happy family spending time together and having fun.  That was really a nice, childlike dream that played out last night.  I like playing games with my family.  I actually would rather play games than sit and stare at a nice rectangular screen with flashing lights and sound.  It's fun to get together with family to play a random game, think, laugh, compete, and make memories.  Last night we played Phase 10 with the crew and we actually made it through all ten phases.  I've never played the entire 10 rounds before, usually stopping at phase 5 because we lose interest.  We stuck it out and had a great time.  It came down to the very end and the competition was intense....we played hard and had a great time.  


Oh the struggles....

No comments:

Post a Comment