Thursday, May 23, 2013

Wedding Week

The week before Ashton and Brandon's wedding was horrendous!  It was so crazy, busy I just don't know how we got everything done.  I am grateful for so many helpers that pulled together to help me.  If it were not for my wedding workers I just think I would have had a break down!  Grandpa was great running around in the car completing anything that was asked of him.  I can't even tell you how many times he drove back and forth from the airport!   He was awesome!  He bought lots of groceries too!  Brandon was another errand boy and he so kindly and graciously lifted and moved anything I asked him to.  He ran errands in the lovely 1996 Honda Accord and did it with a smile!  Landon and Easton would have had shaggy hair for sure for the wedding if it had not been for Brandon's assistance in taking them for haircuts!


 Check out the list on the table...the never ending list!
 Kaitlyn and Kamryn were great helpers in the kitchen.  They helped me make the pecans and almonds for the reception.
 Putting the tags on the sparklers...

Ashton's freshman year roommate, Whitney was also a great help.  She just quietly did her thing and was awesome.  Love that girl!  And...I can't forget my wonderful sister, Janelle who was the master organizer!  She went through list after list and made new lists that we just kept checking things off.  She was the slave driver who made things happen and kept me sane.  I remember one evening around midnight during the wacko wedding week that I thought I was seriously going to have a melt down.  The lists were still too long and it was getting closer and closer to the wedding.  I felt overwhelmed and didn't think I could get it all done.  The tears were ready to flow like a waterfall and you would have had to just carry me up to bed in a little basket.  Janelle sensed my despair,  swooped in and took control.  She saved me.   I am so grateful she made the effort to come with her girls and spend this wild week with me.  I love my sister!
   

1 comment:

  1. OH, that week! that week,,, sigh. One for the books, but it was a marvelous marvelous wedding. It turned out incredible, and there was not one thing that was major that was goofed. We all pitched in and did our part. Even sewing into the middle of the night, ironing, etc. We rule! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete