Thursday, April 10, 2008

Day 3, Five Days of Fun!

Hey! We made it through our third day of fun with flying colors. The pollen count is extremely high right now-we all have itchy eyes, runny noses, and sneezes. I was physically worn out last night from allergies. Dallin is having a rough time too.

On the third day of fun we went with Landon and Easton to the Yellow River Game ranch. Dallin opted to stay home with a friend and Ashton opted to stay home with her bed and tv. They're both weird, but whatever! The ranch is a sort of reserve for animals that are being rehabilitated and can no longer live in the wild by themselves. We were able to bring our own crackers, peanuts, apples, and carrots to feed the animals. We saw deer, chickens, bunnies, sheep, donkey, ponies, goats, foxes, bears, rooster, pigs, quail, pot bellied pigs, mountain lion, bobcat, racoon, red-tailed hawk, peacock.

I took Dallin and Landon here when they were little and thought that it was a good idea for Easton to enjoy it. It was quite crowded because of Spring break and the animals had been sufficiently fed before we even got there. You can always count on the goats to be pigs and keep on eating. It really was exciting for the boys to be able to hand feed them. Too bad all of the animals weren't hungry. We still had a great time--a trip to Wendy's for lunch ended our outing of fun. What are we doing tomorrow? Stay tuned!



Landon and Easton are buddies!




These donkeys were the biggest pigs. They loved the apples and carrots.

We downloaded a couple pictures of Landon, Ashton, and Dallin when they were little. See how much they have grown since we last went to the ranch. Aren't they cute?Landon and Ashton are shown in this picture.
These were taken June 1997.Landon is by the deer, Dallin in the white shirt, and Ashton.

9 comments:

  1. I can't believe how fast time has gone by. I think we went to the farm when we visited the first time. Oh, the times we had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that was 11 years ago. honestly, what the heck. I was 19, and it doesn't seem that long ago. sick. do you guys have a scanner i'm assuming?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheila:

    Dejavu - I have the exact same pictures of my kids at the game ranch from 11 years ago when we lived in Atlanta!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheila:

    Dejavu - I have the exact same pictures of my kids at the game ranch from 11 years ago when we lived in Atlanta!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheila:

    Dejavu - I have the exact same pictures of my kids at the game ranch from 11 years ago when we lived in Atlanta!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janelle-no I don't have a scanner. I just took a picture with my digital scanner and it kind of turned out.

    Becky--Oh the memories! How many times have you been to the game ranch? Don't you feel bad for the last child--they don't seem to have the same childhood as the earlier ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy seeing all that you did this week. What fun. I have yet to take my girls to the ranch, but I know that they would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melissa,

    Make sure you go early in the day and on a day when it won't be crowded. You want the animals good and hungry so your girls will have fun feeding them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have pictures from that great adventure. It brings back so many fun memories. I love your idea of all the fun activities for Spring Break, we will have to follow your example. We decided to come visit when your kids are not in school. My kids wanted more play time with the cousins, and them being in school didn't give enough free time.

    ReplyDelete