Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Singing again


Finally a post about ME! I've been singing with our Stake choir for a couple of years now. We had our Spring concert over the weekend. Saturday and Sunday evening. It was a fantastic patriotic program with some beautiful music. The Gwinnett Community Band played with us on a few songs. That made it cool. We also had a number with three bagpipes, Amazing Grace. The concert was dedicated to a fallen soldier who was a member of the church. He died last year 12 hours after his wife gave birth to their first child. She was in the audience with his family. It was very emotional, but a nice tribute. They did a powerpoint slide show during one of the songs with pictures of the soldier. It really makes you appreciate these amazing soldiers and the sacrifices they make, as well as their families. They are so brave and courageous.

Our next concert is on Memorial Day. We were just "booked" to sing with the Air Force band at our Suwanee Town Center park. We sang there last year, but the band we were supposed to sing with got deployed to Iraq so we sang with some lame little 4 member band. Should be really cool this year, unless this band gets deployed too!

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had the singing talent. I have joined the ward choir. I am trying and learning lots. A lady sitting next to me at enrichment told me that I was sounding so much better, and that the choir must be helping me. I didn't know if I should be glad or not. People are funny.,

    ReplyDelete
  2. well look at you in your little accapella outfit. that's fun that you are still involved in singing groups. i love singing so much! glad we got the ability to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is cool you are doing something just for you. Gretchen, I am sure you have a lovely voice. I have no singing talent- if I sing in a choir for support and I am barely audible to keep from being heard.

    ReplyDelete