Thursday, October 24, 2013

Spooky Performance

My favorite piano recital of the year happened last Saturday.  It's our Fall recital and it's really fun!  My piano students work hard learning their songs to perform for the audience and this recital is extra cool because we get to wear our costumes for it.  How awesome is that?!?  With great excitement my students and their supportive families arrive all decked out in their Halloween attire.  Some of our costumes were ninjas, peacocks, cowgirls, monsters, and Superheroes.   We had such a variety of costumes this year, showcasing some serious creativity.  I even get involved dressing up every year.  This year I was a scarecrow thanks to an old costume that I put together for Ashton many years ago.  That big ol' costume box that I throw every possible thing in that could potentially be part of a costume in the basement sure comes in handy.  It's good to be that person who keeps everything because "you just might need it someday!"

I definitely have fun teaching this group of children piano.  We laugh a lot and enjoy making music together.  I am grateful to be able to bring the gift of music into their lives.

1 comment: