Friday, May 2, 2008

Keep on Reading

I finished two books this week that I thought I would share--for those of you who read. First I read, Rebecca, for my book club. It was written in 1938 (I believe) and has become kind of a classic. Ashton had to read it this year for her AP Lit class. It was fun because we were able to "discuss" the book on a deeper level. She asked me pretty deep, thought provoking questions about all the symbolism stuff and character analysis. Rebecca was a very different mystery with a lot of unexpected twists and turns. I found myself feeling compassion for the murderer. It was weird how the author made you feel that way. It was a fairly easy read. I would recommend it.

The second book I finished was Fablehaven. This was discussed at our last book club meeting as a book that was awesome and should be read. I read it and it was enjoyable, but I didn't think it was incredible. It was fun and entertaining. There are more books in this series, but I don't think I am moved to read anymore.

I'm currently reading Nothing But the Truth, by Avi. I'll let you know how that goes. I like it so far. And...I do know that titles of books have to be capitalized, but the blog program won't let me do it.

2 comments:

  1. The books sound fun and interesting... When is your book reading time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you. Wow, how do you do it ALL?

    ReplyDelete