Tuesday, May 6, 2008

What a Concert!

Ashton and Dallin performed tonight in their High School End of the Year concert. It was a fabulous concert, one of the best we have been to. (And we have been to a lot!) This was Ashton's last high school concert so she was a little emotional. She has had a great experience participating in the chorus program all four years of high school. North Gwinnett has a great choral program. Ashton and Dallin are very fortunate to have such a wonderful director who teaches them so much.
Ashton is singing with all the Seniors. The guy next to her is her very good chorus friend. He played the lead opposite Ashton in the play, "HONK!"Ashton and Dallin received awards for their participation in All-State Chorus. Ashton received some other awards as well.

Dallin did an amazing job singing a solo with his men's group. He really amazed us. Here's a video of Dallin singing. This video doesn't do his voice justice. He did a fantastic job. I can't believe he's my son! Enjoy.

6 comments:

  1. I don't even know what to say, except I started to tear up watching and hearing my little Dallers.... what the heck?? I cannot believe that he has such a mature voice like that. It's crazy! and exactly, who knew? That's way different sounding then OOOOOOOklahoma from last year. I am amazed at the musical talent of your first two. Now it's Landon's turn to take the reigns at high school as Ashton leaves. Second of all, did Ashton totally cry during her last song? I remember our last concert and the madrigals all standing around the piano after the concert singing,,,, Lonesome Road, and they were crying. Good job you two!!!! I'm so proud of you,,, obviously,, I love music and singing.. We need to sing a little trio or something. So I'm in Tucson right now!!!! Fun huh....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashton totally lost it during her "Senior Song"! It was pretty emotional for the whole group. They have had such good times singing over the years and some of them have been together since 5th grade chorus. I'm glad she has been able to create some lifetime memories. She will always look back on her chorus years with fondness.

    Have fun in Tucson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I am so impressed! Dallin great job that sounded fantastic even through my cheap computer speakers. I can't wait to hear you in person this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dallin didn't even look nervous up on stage. He sounds great. We have some very talented kids in the family. I hope Ashton sings in college, she has such a great talent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After I heard Dallin singing I went and got grandpa to come in and hear. We were so impressed - we listened to it more than once. And that is something for Grandpa.
    It is so great that your school has such a wonderful music program. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dallin, you are reallly amazing. I've seen your singing blog several times. Your pitch was spot on, you held your notes as you should instead of cutting them short as many young singers are prone to do. Your movement and feeling for what you were singing and saying came though in a very good way.I am very proud of your development and accomplishments. Keep up the good work. Grandpa Homer

    ReplyDelete