Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Once Upon a Mattress


Landon participated in his school play, Once Upon a Mattress. With early morning practices that Mom drove him to, the cast prepared for 3 1/2 months for their performance. We were able to watch Landon on stage last Thursday and Friday night at the high school. This was the musical story of the Princess and the Pea. Landon played the part of a knight. He had a few lines and sang with the chorus(towns' people) and did a few group dance numbers. We were so impressed by Landon. He said his lines so loudly and clear. He always knew what he was doing and acted very well. We are proud of his accomplishments and for having the courage to try out for the part and take on the challenge of doing something new, on stage, and in front of a very large audience! I don't understand why my children choose to do these things on stage--they didn't get their courage from me. Thanks for sharing your talents with us, Landon!

Landon hangs out with some of the cast. Incidentally, there were 4 LDS boys and 4 LDS girls in the production as well as 1 girl who worked behind the scenes.

Easton always loves hanging out with his big brother, Landon who he always claims as his best friend.

4 comments:

  1. Again,,, what the heck? What a fun play and what a fun thing to be in it with kids from the ward... Also probably entertaining for you guys who know the kids well. I'm proud of you Landon for doing this, trying out for things is scary. I always was a little nervous before tryouts,, but at the same time, if you're confident, it's exhilerating! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Landon!!! Keeping with the Carroll tradition of performing in plays. Bring a video of the play with you this summer we would love to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is so great that all your kids love to be on stage. I still get nervous just speaking in church, Craig always has to tell me to slow down. Great job Landon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Landon, you truly look like a Knight - a handsome one at that. I think it is great that you are acting. I always wanted to do that but I would have cried and then fainted when I walked on the stage. Then there is the problem of learning a script!! Yikes

    ReplyDelete