Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Keep On Reading....

I finished reading, Nothing But the Truth. Loved this book. Very thought provoking. It takes place in a school setting. You're getting points of view from the main character, middle school student(can't remember his name) and the teacher he loathes. It really brought me back to the teaching days and all the politics of teaching and what those dear teachers really go through behind the scenes. It was a quick read and a good one for kids. It makes you reflect on what is really truth. Marilee, you would like this one if you haven't already read it. You can read it in about 3 hours.

I'm now reading The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle, by Avi. We are doing a book club for the month of June in our YW. I'm prereading this book to see if this will be our selection for book club. I really like it so far. I'll let you know how it goes. I have book club tonight so I will be getting my new book selection of the month this evening. I hope it's a good one!

2 comments:

  1. I finally got a book to read called "The Peacegiver." It is a church fiction book. I will write a review when I am finished, I heard it was good. You have made me want to read a book for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't read the two you mentioned, Sheila, but I am adding them to my LONG list of books. Kristin, you will love The Peacegiver. It will make you think!!!!!

    ReplyDelete