Thursday, July 16, 2009

Bonds of Friendship

I love my laundry,
a most loyal friend!
Always there no matter what is going on in my life.
If I'm busy it hangs around and waits for me.
If I'm tired it waits.
Feelings of despair.....it waits.
It will never abandon me.
Growing and flourishing,
ever increasing in size.
Great mounds of colorful clothing
waiting for the cleansing process.
Our bonds are strong,
We know each other well.
Fond memories of intimate times shared
Until we meet again,
Confidence knowing it'll never leave me,
my trusty companion.
My son is out of underwear....
I'll see my friend tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I so agree. Love the poetic spin on a dull dull occasion that happens at my house a few times a week. I can't imagine your house with adult kids and two more than me. eek

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the never ending laundry pile is relentless. You should send that poem in somewhere it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jusst wait until there are only two of you. Now Russ does his own laundry. This has been a REAL surprise. I do not have much to do.

    ReplyDelete