Thursday, July 9, 2009

Red, White and Blue

Back in the day, I went with my mom to be "color analyzed". I sat patiently while some woman draped various colors of fabric around my face--pondering and critiquing which colors were the best for me. It was decided that I fell into the Winter Chroma I category, dark, rich, true colors. My colors. Black, white, reds, blues, rich purples, hot pink....NO yellow, gold, brown or orange. These were the colors that I had always loved growing up and seemed to always choose when purchasing clothes. I was validated. I guess that explains my love of the red, white, and blue holiday!!!!! Those are all my colors and I think I am just psychologically drawn to the festive celebration of the 4th of July. I love wearing the colors, decorating with the colors, and feeling the colors. Parades and fireworks.....barbecues and swimming, flags....all reasons to display the colors of freedom. I love my country and am grateful for the men and women who fight to defend our freedoms and way of life.
Breakfast at 8 in the morning is a grand tradition in our ward. Pancakes, juice, and a sausage patty, now that's worth getting up for!

Landon strategically decides how to get his pancake in his mouth!

2 comments:

  1. I remember that day! I think I was in 1st or 2nd grade and mom picked me up from school even. (that was a big deal so you didn't have to take the bus home) We went to some lady's house like you said and there were tons of fabrics and a bright light that was shown in our face... (geez sounds like an interrogation) Anywhoo, I was an autumn 1 and mom was an autumn 2.. Colors looking good on me were creams, peaches, soft purples, rusty reds, ,,,, definitely not hot pink and white!

    So, your post brought back a memory for me apparently. Where are the two older ones? Are they over it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have never had my colors done. I always thought I was a summer, but Craig likes me in brighter colors, so I don't know.

    ReplyDelete