Friday, July 17, 2009

LIFE

Playing the game of LIFE with Landon and Easton today put me in a reflective mood. I remember going the rounds of LIFE often with Keith. We would play for hours and keep going around the board a bazillion times, never wanting to end the game. Sometimes we would have so many babies that we had to use another car to haul them all. I guess that was before they had Suburbans and Expeditions! The poor farm always seemed to be my ultimate destination. Have any of you played the modern version of LIFE, it's WAY different that the version I grew up playing. Now you get LIFE cards that earn you extra money at the end. And you get paid if someone lands on a space that relates to your career choice. There are spaces where you can trade salaries with someone. Now I ask you....is that really the game of LIFE? We're all here on earth just going through this big game. We get our education or pick a Career path and start on our way. Along the path we may find a companion and then start making a salary. The bills come and the car can fill up with babies. Landon had twin girls today. You have some fun moments on the ride and have interesting experiences along the way. And ultimately I guess we want to go to Millionaire Estates....the Celestial Kingdom when our travels are finished. I hope to get there. Oh, and can I trade salaries with someone? I want to land on that spot!!!

2 comments:

  1. I remember Life,, but no one would play with me... I just remember the spinner thingy and the hills on the board. The babies were pink and blue pegs that were in little plastic cars. I never ever played it, just opened up the box, set it up, and spun the spinner....

    hey,, being the youngest is the pits.

    Let's play Life,, anyone, anyone??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that Janelle never had the experience to experience Life. I did not. It seemed to complicated for me and I could not handle long board games.

    ReplyDelete