Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Cooking 101

While Landon (Easton's bestest friend in the whole world) was at the beach with friends a couple of weeks ago Easton was dieing of boredom. I was just starting dinner and recruited him to help me to give him something to do. I guess because he's the youngest he has missed out on kitchen time with Mom. I just hurry and get it done so we can eat. We were having stir-fry and the vegetables needed cutting. With a quick lesson on knife safety Easton was ready to cut! He chopped carrots, mushrooms, brocolli, snow peas and the chicken. Mushrooms were his favorite, he was in awe over how soft they were. He did awesome and absolutely enjoyed the opportunity to cut. He kept saying over and over that he liked cutting! Then I put Easton in charge of cooking the creation. I told him when to add the right vegetable so that they would all be done at the same time. He was careful to stir gently and not get burned. He did everything under my supervision. He had a great time and we had a great dinner! He posed for this shot because he thought it was an important event to blog about! When dinner was finished he excitedly asked if he could help with dinner the next night.

3 comments:

  1. well that just looks delicious Easton! what a fun meal to make for your family. be careful with the knives. i hope you learn to love to cook. you're wife will absolutely love you even more if you can help out in the kitchen. that's important you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks very yummy!! I need to get the youngers ones in the kitchen too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always nice to have a helper in the kitchen. My boys favorite part is always the cutting. They cut the fruit every Sunday for dinner.

    ReplyDelete