Monday, July 6, 2009

Walk and Talk

Does everyone remember the Royal Lane walkers? These ladies would walk the loop a dozen times, a whole row of ladies blocking the entire width of the street. In my naive youth I would kind of chuckle as I drove by and was sometimes annoyed that I had to slow down and wait for them to walk single file so I could pass on the way to my important event of the day. My thoughts always wondered how much exercise could these ladies possibly be getting by just walking and TALKING?!? It didn't seem like they were exerting themselves or even breaking a sweat. Oh, the follies of youth. I was so judgmental and downright ugly! Having experienced the onset of middle age and the little aches and pains that come with it, I have resorted to walking and talking. And let me tell you that it is a great form of exercise. The boys (Dallin and Landon) meet the Cross country team every morning at 7:15 for summer practice and I, of course have the extreme pleasure of driving them to the various trail destinations every morning. Easton comes with me as well with his bike in tow to ride with his little friends. With sneakers in hand after leaving the boys I gather with my fellow "Cross country Moms" and walk and talk! We make the rounds for about an hour. I'm happy to report that I do break a sweat, my joints don't hurt, my mouth gets a workout and I get some therapy too. It's a productive hour spent early in the morning. I finally get it......walking and talking is good for your health. You should all try it.This is a horribly unflattering picture, but you asked for it! I'm blogging, I'm here and you get to see all of my life.

5 comments:

  1. wow that's pretty early. those boys must be very dedicated to running to do that in the summer months. i remember the royal lane walkers, they still did it when I was there, and they probably still do it. i used to laugh when they did water aerobics in our pool. i'm glad you're exercising. it's been 3 weeks for me. ever since the moving and packing of course. i gotta get back into it... i feel weak and blah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new picture at the front of your blog. I never got to "walk and talk" with the Royal Lane ladies, because of work. But I did love walking when I got the chance. Even by myself. I talk to myself. I am my own best friend. Keep up the blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you look adorable and I would pay good $$$$ to look like you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Royal Laners still walk, my mom would do it every time she was in town and now she does it daily.

    I also wished I looked as good as you in your so called unflattering picture. You look great as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see you on the blog again. It's the only way modern man can prove his existence.

    ReplyDelete