Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sabotage


While my kiddies are snacking on their favorite daily treat of cereal there's a little bit of "Spiritual Sabotage" going on at the family table. Unknown to them I am subtly encouraging their personal spiritual and moral growth. Reading material such as The New Era and The Friend are casually left on the table and the kids are drawn to the magazines. What a great combination, a bowl of cereal and a quick read through some uplifting reading material. A spiritual and physical feast! I love watching my kids pour over their magazines and get spiritually energized. They clear their empty cereal bowls and move onto other activities not aware that damage has been done....their minds have been filled with the good stuff! I'm a sneaky one and I take my job as a mother very seriously. Just another strategy to encourage my children stay on the right path and choose the right.

5 comments:

  1. oh you are so sneaky! you gotta do as much as you can with the kiddo's. good job sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did that with the youth magazine - gee I can not even think of its name. I do not think it worked much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bathroom is also a great place to leave church magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas. What a good mom you are

    ReplyDelete