Monday, June 17, 2013

Itchy, Itchy...Annoying

I rolled in and dowsed myself in poison ivy during all of my yard work that I have done recently.  It was very unfortunate that the evil plant found me and covered me with it's sticky, rather permanent sap.  It started on my arm and initially my arm just felt a little itchy, like a dry skin itch.  So I gently itched it all night.  When I woke up in the morning the itchy area had formed small, clear blisters on my skin.  And it itched like crazy!!!  From there it continued to spread and appear on my face, both arms and around the ankle of my left leg.  Eventually it spread to my left knee area as well.  I must worn you that the following pictures are not pretty and if you have a tendency to get squeamish, don't view them.  Consider yourself warned!
This was around day three of the attack, face is super itchy and blistery.
Ouchy, itchy arms....
 
Day four....not pretty.  Face was swollen, puffy, itchy.  And no makeup!
Day four, oozing blisters.
 
 
This area was the first itchy spot I noticed and it quickly spread because it was in the crease of my arm.  If you look closely at the pattern when I fold my arm it totally matches.

 A picture again of the starting spot of my posion ivy attack, it has still spread some more although the blistering is going down in size.  Still itchy.
 
 This is what my face looked like yesterday with makeup on.  I went to church and felt a little normal, but I am still very itchy.  I question why this plant is even on the earth....what an awful thing, downright evil in my opinion.  Things are looking up for me and I improve each day.  Can't wait to be done with it!

3 comments:

  1. That is horrible!! You don't even look like you with your swollen face. Seriously,, avoid that plant and kill! I had it bad once too, when I was 8, my tights stuck to my leg,, and mom just said, remember when you were in Danbury? Wow, That is sooo not cool. you must have some skin itchy allergy anyways,, remember your red ants?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that wasn't bren, it was me, Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well its a good thing that you are gorgeous to begin with because you still look pretty even with all of the blisters!

    ReplyDelete