Monday, January 5, 2009

Downtown

Everytime Grandma and Grandpa visit we have been trying to go to CNN but just have never been able to pull it off. It seems like one of the kids has always been sick and we just couldn't get there. Well, on this visit we did it. A trip to CNN with the whole crew was great fun. Easton kept saying on the way that it was going to be sooooo boring. When we walked into the building it was buzzing with activity and Easton's eyes were wide open with excitement. It was a hopping place. We took the tour and were able to see the inner workings on CNN. We saw the live broadcast going on and that was cool. I did think they could have made the tour a little more child friendly and exciting. Some hands-on activities would have been great for Easton.

After our little tour we ventured across the street and walked through Centennial Park. This is the park where all the festivities for the Atlanta Olympics were held. They have water fountains in the shape of the Olympic rings that you can play in--very similar to the ones in Salt Lake. Grandpa promptly walked into the center of a ring when none of the children dared. The water was shooting very sporadically and people were getting randomly squirted. My kids didn't want to get wet. Easton cautiously made his way into the fountain with Grandpa and they hung out a while. It was a bonding moment!

On our way back to our car we had to walk a couple blocks. We were altogether in a group walking across the intersection. We made a quick turn and crossed another major intersection and just kept walking. All of a sudden we looked around and we didn't see Grandma. It was crazy. We looked around and noticed that she was still across the street and had an "I'm lost" look on her face. We yelled to her and she finally made eye contact. She had to wait a while at the light before she could cross. It was pretty funny to see her across the street by herself hanging out with the Atlanta riff-raff that were waiting to cross. We're glad she didn't get too lost!

6 comments:

  1. That is the funnyest picture of the week. I had my head down because of the bright sun and just kept walking. When I lloked around - noone that I knew was there. I love that picture......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that just made me sad. My poor mommy having a heart attack thinking she was lost. Boo hoo. I'm glad you found her. I loved the CNN thingy when we went with Bren. I've always been fascinated with the goings on of the news. Loved the fountain picture...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a funny picture...could there have been a more hoodlum-ish person standing there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Janelle. I also love the fountain picture. I bet Aunt Elaine was panicked when she looked up and couldn't see anyone she knew.

    The CNN tour looked like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like fun with the parents. We always seem to do more sight seeing when people are visiting. We need to bring the boys south for some touring. They are old enough for some fun places.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad Elaine found her way and you guys noticed she was not with you. That could have been bad

    ReplyDelete