Friday, January 30, 2009

Scared to Death

Last night around 9 I was hanging out in the Loony Bin (the office for those of you who don't know the family joke) talking with Landon while he did some homework. I had just settled in and had begun work on a scrapbook page and was quietly flipping through the orange and black paper attempting to find just the right sheet for my Halloween pictures. Side note: I've decided to start scrapping again, beginning with updating the Halloween and Christmas books that are about 5 years behind. Back to the story: I was sitting with my back to the door and deep in concentration. All of a sudden some man reached around me and laid a big kiss on my lips. I seriously screamed--it scared me to death. When I turned around and looked I beheld my hot husband standing there just grinning and laughing. He had come home from Alabama a day early. I was expecting him today (Friday) around 5 pm. What an awesome surprise! He had left right after work and rolled into our driveway around 9 and doesn't have to go back until Monday morning. We're so happy to have him home. He didn't get to come home last weekend because he was at a trade show in Reno so we were missing him more than usual. I can't believe I didn't hear him come in or open the garage door. What does that say about me? Anyone could walk in my house and I would be clueless. So glad our little stranger was the friendly kind!

3 comments:

  1. That story made me get a tear in my eye. In fact, Bren has scared me to death the last two times he has come home unexpectedly. The first being when I was giving the girls a bath and the water was on and I glimpsed some movement from the corner of my eye and I screamed, had the fast heart beat, and then you just get mad...

    Then two days ago I was changing a diaper and in came a man holding Kamryn with no sound I turned around and whinced because he was so close I closed my eyes in fear and ducked.... it was a really bad one this time. I really yelled at him, he just laughs.. jerk.

    anyways, glad you are back to scrapping. I am really really getting the bug lately,, but there is just no space here to unleash the supply space that is needed to get creative. I will have to wait until Denver when I will have my big desk again. I can't wait. I am actually going to start digital books when I am all done with the pictures I have from 2002 and on. I still gotta work on their baby books you gave me. I am excited to do that. I've had ideas in my head for years. Have fun with your hubby this weekend. p.s. Bren just did his last 31 hour shift last night, I have a regular husband for the first time in 3 months. m-f, 9-5... I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always a nice surprise when they come home and you don't expect them. Hope you had a fun weekend. I need to scrap book more, I am in a group that meets once a month. I get 3-4 pages done. I guess that is better than nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would have scared me to death too. Especially since you have been alone for 2 weeks. Glad it was him and what a nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete