Friday, January 23, 2009

See this little contraption? It's called a Blackberry and it's Stephen's connection to WORK! It really is quite an amazing piece of technology--it receives and sends email, makes phone calls, takes pictures AND you can watch TV on it. Now I suppose you're all thinking I need one of these hot little numbers. Think again.....this innocent looking piece of amazingness has it's own mind. Seriously. Stephen uses it as his alarm in the morning and I suppose it works quite grand for him, but when he comes home on the weekends it's quite a different story. I remind him every Friday night to turn it off so that I can sleep in on Saturday morning, a rare treat for me. I'm not a good sleeper inner--once something wakes me I CANNOT go back to sleep. I know I'm weird. There is hidden in the wires of this hand-held wonder an automatic setting that automatically turns it on in the morning. It has a mind and it's possessed! On numerous Saturday mornings (too many to count) this thing has come alive and the alarm has gone off at 6:40. Ugh.........Because it's fairly new it's taken a while for Stephen to figure it out while I have suffered. No sleeping in for me. But alas--this weekend the evil, possessed thing is in Reno with it's owner and I won't have to contend with it. We have a love/hate relationship. Love that I can communicate with my hubby anytime, anywhere. Hate that it ruins my blissful Saturday morning dreams. See you next weekend--you psycho little blackberry!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. hey, you have joined ranks with Obama... he loves him a blackberry.

    I think it's too much media at your fingertips personally.. but if I was a big executive I probably would have one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. one suggestion: put it in the furthest room in the house! from Marilee at Cindi's house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the same thing--we must be so wise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything that wakes you up in the morning should be tossed in the wastebasket. I'm so glad that I do not have to arrise earlier than I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay this morning we had a snow day, but I was awakened by Craig's blackerry. Between him and the boys alarms on the weekend, I never get to sleep in. I understand your pain.

    ReplyDelete