Friday, January 2, 2009

Wishbone

The wishbone from our Thanksgiving turkey has been sitting on the breadbox in the kitchen gathering dust, waiting to be broken in hopes of a wish being granted. New Year's day seemed just the right day to make a wish as we looked forward to a new year and new adventures. I paused a moment as I tightly wrapped my pinky around my half of the wishbone. Oh, what to wish for......well, it really wasn't that hard to think of something. Something that would help our family be together in Alabama. I can't tell you what I wished for because it might not come true. I pushed the wish in my head and Stephen and I said together, "Ready, set, go!"Our weak little pinkies tugged on that bone with all the strength we could muster. Each of our fingers struggled to win. Pull. We tugged a little harder, the struggle intense. Which one of us would have our wish granted?
Pain moved through our joints, the wishbone unyielding. We waited to hear the crack of the bone. Pull harder!
Snap! I was victorious! My wish would come true. My pinky finger didn't let me down. I'll let you know when my wish comes true. Soon, I hope.

3 comments:

  1. I hope it comes true as well. New Year, new prospects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you and Stephen had the same wish...and I hope it comes true soon for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to find out when your wish comes true! ;)

    ReplyDelete