Friday, January 2, 2009

Baptism

My baby, Easton was baptized last Saturday while a loving family observed. It was a beautiful day and I was thrilled with Easton's decision to be baptized. Grandma and Grandpa Homer were there from Utah as well as most of the Carrolls. Dallin, Ashton, and Landon sang a song (They didn't have the last page of music during the song so they just randomly ended it and sat down!), Papa Carroll spoke on baptism, and Grandpa Homer gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. Easton was baptized and confirmed by his father, Stephen Lee Carroll.

Easton was encouraged to write down his thoughts in his journal. These are his words:

December 27, 2008

Today I was baptized and became a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Then I received the Gift of the Holy Ghost. I felt realy good. When I went to get my clothes it was realy cold. When I got my suit on a button fell off and I put it in my pocket. My dad baptized me. Then I went out to eat at Californina Dreaming. Then I went home and opened my baptism gifts. The first thing I opened was a ring that spun and said return with honor. The second thing I opened was scriptures with a black and gold case. The third thing I opened was a chest to put my cub scouts awards in. It was a very special day.

Easton John Carroll and his father, Stephen Lee Carroll.

Easton with his mother, Sheila Homer Carroll.

Easton and his father all dressed in white!

Easton with his Grandpa (John Russell Homer) and Grandma (Elaine James Homer).

Easton's new ring.

New scriptures for Easton from Grandma and Grandpa. He likes how it has his name engraved on the front cover! The case is pretty cool too. He brought them to church on Sunday and the best part---he brought them home too!

4 comments:

  1. I missed your baptism Easton, but I was thinking of you and am so glad you decided to do it. It's a great feeling knowing you have a clean slate and you can repent if you ever make a mistake.

    I love the ring and scriptures and your cubscout chest. Those are all very special things you will always have the rest of your life. Take good care of them.

    What song did they sing? That's crazy they just ended it. Were you playing the piano? Oh brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Easton, what a very special day for you. We are very happy for you, being EIGHT is GREAT!!



    What Shelia, no big after baptism meal..two days after Christmas?? I guess by the last child going out to eat is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like the day was an amazing day. I loved reading Easton's journal entry. What sweet memories ... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Easton! This is a very exciting time for you and everyone is very proud of you and your decision to get baptized. Way to Go!!!

    ReplyDelete