Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Brunch

Christmas morning brunch is definitely one of the highlights of our Christmas season. A yummy egg casserole is always served along with grapefruit, ham, muffins, and juice. The eggs are considered a delicacy in our house--they have been served on Christmas morning since I was a girl. I remember my mom serving the eggs in a beautiful silver serving tray. It was an amazing site to behold. And then the taste--fabulous. We always asked for a second helping even if you were full. Because it was served only on Christmas morning, just once a year, you had to eat as much as you could. Leftovers were always fought over the next day (and there usually weren't many leftovers to fight over!).
This year we were fortunate to have both sets of Grandparents join us for brunch. Festive food and family added to the wonderful Christmas morning.





4 comments:

  1. We tried egg casserole again this year after taking 2 years off. None of the kids liked it. Dalton and Dawson liked it this year, but the younger ones still don't. It's my favorite on Christmas morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this was my 2nd year of 31 years that I missed it. And again, this is another Homer recipe that I have never tried. I should make a list of things I need to make still. This will be my goal and resolution this year. Cooking skills and recipes to try. ha.

    It does look like a beautiful table and the food looks delish as usual. You sure do throw a great Breakfast sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love egg casserole Christmas morning it is so yummy. We made three again this year even though we had fewer guest just to ensure left overs. Plain, canadian bacon, and the last one had canadian bacon and sauteed mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love egg casserole! It was tasty tasty tasty on Christmas Morning. After reading this post I am in the mood for a plate of egg casserole with some bacon on the side. YUM.

    ReplyDelete