Sunday, December 21, 2008

Remember this couple? Well, they celebrated their 20th Wedding Anniversary yesterday. We have been married for 20 years and it's really hard to believe that it has been that long. Time really does fly by! I remember being sealed in the Salt Lake Temple at 4:20 in the afternoon. When we came out for pictures it was just starting to get dark and it was cold and very windy. My veil kept blowing straight up in the air! Our noses were red in the pictures. I kept having to take my coat off for the pictures and then quickly put it back on between each shot. We spent our first night together at Little America and woke in the morning to about three feet of snow on the ground and had to drive up to Park City in the beautiful white scenery for the remainder of our honeymoon at the Homestead. December weddings are cold, but our love kept us warm. (Cheesy)
We celebrated our anniversary by going out to dinner at a classy restaurant called Stoney River. It was a fabulous steak dinner and the waiter even brought us a complimentary anniversary cake to help us celebrate. We then went to an outside mall and walked through the different shops. It was a warm, clear evening--just right for walking and holding hands. We love each other so much more now than when we were first married and we're excited to spend another twenty years together.
Twenty years is a big anniversary and I wanted to surprise Stephen with something he has always wanted--a Bullova watch. He has had his eye on this certain watch for about five years. Everytime we would go shopping together he would always end up looking at watches and trying on the same one. It was really getting almost ridiculously annoying because he did it EVERYTIME we went shopping. So I saved money from teaching piano lessons for about four months. I didn't want him to suspect that I was getting it by taking money from our account--he would see it gone and know I was up to something. When I had the right amount I ordered it off the internet (I got a very good deal!) and had it delivered in October. I had to wait a long time to give it to him--and of course, we kept looking at watches everytime we went to the store. Ahhhhh! Just last weekend he was trying on watches and it was killing me. He kept asking me if I liked the watch he had on and I just had to say NO. The sales ladies must have thought I was a little snot because I just wasn't nice.
Last night I had him open the present before we went out so he could wear it. He was so surprised and shocked. He couldn't believe that I had done that for him. Then he realized how hard it had been for me to watch him trying on watches all the time. Hee hee hee. I had so much fun giving this gift of time to him. I told him it was symbolic of our time we've spent together and the time together that we have to look forward to.
Stephen gave me a beautiful, huge vase full of roses and a card that sounded like he had written it himself. He's a very thoughtful husband--the next twenty years will be awesome!

3 comments:

  1. Happy 20 you guys! That's very thoughtful Sheila to get him something with your very own money. This is the first time I've had to buy Bren presents with his own money. Pretty weird,,,

    Since when did you get a scanner? Didn't you used to have to take pictures of the pictures? Cute hat you little hipster... Beautiful flowers too. You actually have known Stephen since 85 right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! That is such a cute story about the watch...it made me get a little choked up! Hope you have many, many, many more happy years together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on 20 years together, and still liking and loving one another. Craig says, You are a great example for the younger generation. Your watch story was very sweet, I have five years to be thinking what to get Craig for our twenty years together, I am sure it will be a tool.

    ReplyDelete