Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Santa

My little girl Ashton was sitting on Santa's lap when she was 7 1/2. When asked what she wanted for Christmas by the bearded man she replied, "I pretty much have everything I need." That was all she said. No wants, no list a mile long of things that she didn't need. That phrase rings in my head to this day when Christmas rolls around. As we go about during the hustle and bustle of this wonderful Christmas season let us remember the real meaning of Christmas.

P.S. Ashton has since figured out how to make a Christmas wish list and does quite well at it!

3 comments:

  1. So cute. Love that story. I also love your new family pic too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that little girl! That's a pretty good thing she said. A lesson to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids laugh when I tell them the same thing. I really have everything I need.

    ReplyDelete