Sunday, December 7, 2008

Evening in the Cold

Our family enjoyed a chilly evening out to watch Landon sing with his middle school choir at the Celebration of the Lights. It was a fundraising event at Northside hospital for families of people with cancer. They had booths, games, hot chocolate and little activities for children. The choir sang outside while we waited for the big Christmas tree to be lit on top of the hospital. It had to have been our coldest night yet this season. I was dressed warmly (I thought) with my coat, gloves, and scarf. After waiting outside in the cold for a while, I was cold, right down to my toes. I can't remember the last time I felt that kind of cold. The site of the fireworks display after the tree-lighting kind of warmed us up for. Fireworks in December is a rare treat, you know.

Dinner was a necessity when we left the event so off to our favorite Mexican restaraunt, Monterrey. We haven't been there for a while and the kids always enjoy eating there. My boys are definitely getting bigger because it was the highest bill we have ever had at our little Mexican eatery. mmmm....I guess my kids have graduated from the kiddie menu and are eating the expensive stuff now.










Landon eyes his beautiful chip dipped in warm cheese dip.














Easton is still goofing off with his glowstick that he got at the Celebration of the Lights. Check out Dallin's "almost smile". We're working on that!
Add Image

2 comments:

  1. What a weird site to see you guys in hats and coats all bundled up. Looks like the kids even wore their coats at dinner too. And,, Dallin is smiling in the top picture. I even forgot he had braces it'd been that long since we've seen him smile!! ha ha...(I love ya Dallin) Sounds like another fun day/evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look cold to have to keep your coats on during dinner too. We have actually had a mild cold season so far. It has been nice but I am ready for snow.

    ReplyDelete