Sunday, March 8, 2009

Faster!

Dallin participated in another track meet this past Saturday. It was an all day event from 9-6 with quite a few schools participating--never did get the accurate number on that. Dallin ran two cool events this time, the 4 by 800(that means a relay with four guys running for those of you who don't know track terms) and the Distance Medley Relay which was a really long distance race with four different guys running. I love watching the relays! Dallin did very well. I cannot believe these guys come out running and seriously sprint for two whole times around the track. They really push themselves. Dallin's team took fifth place in the 4 by 800. The coach said Dallin did extremely well on his part and is seconds from getting his mile under 5 minutes. Maybe at the next meet.
There's a shot of my cute little Dallin. I love that he has blonde hair. I can find that golden little head of hair anywhere in the crowd.
Dallin's team placed fourth in the Distance medley. They were so close to getting third--it was ridiculous! He got ribbons in both events. You get a medal for 1,2, and 3rd places.
This video clip is of the DMR (Distance Medley Relay) on the last of Dallin's part. He is trying to maintain his third place lead. He has one more lap to go at this point. .

This is a shot as he is fighting to keep his lead before he hands off his baton to the next runner on his team. I love watching them pass off the batons. It's such a cool sport that requires so much physical and mental stamina. I am learning to appreciate and understand the hard work that these athletes put forth.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Dallin good job! I have also admired runners it takes so much to do that sport. Fantastic! It is fun to watch you run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another good one Dallin! I wonder what my 1 mile is,, probably 12 minutes..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good running, Dallin. My mile on the treadmill going 2mph is 32 minutes. And....I fell like I will never get my breath back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Dallin--you are so close to that 5:00 mark. You'll catch it soon. Good for you.

    Keith

    ReplyDelete